- This event has passed.
Clark Colleges hosts Northwest Regional Equity Conference, Feb. 24-26
February 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:00am on Thursday, repeating until February 18, 2021
Clark College’s 2021 Northwest Regional Equity Conference will be held online Feb. 24-26. This year’s theme is “Sharing Strategies for Equity and Anti-Racist Practices.” The conference aims to improve equitable, sustainable experiences and outcomes for historically under-represented students and employees of the higher education system through effective instruction and anti-racist supports. This year the conference will broaden its scope of topics beyond higher education to include government, non-profit, and corporate sectors. Keynote speakers include Talila “TL” Lewis, Aaron Reader and Dr. Angel B. Pérez.
Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/122781848815. General admission for the full conference is $300 per person. General admission for Thursday-Friday only is $250. Group rate is $200 per person.
- Bias and Discrimination in AI systems
- A Call to Anti-Racism -Teaching Cultural Diversity to Health Care Students
- Data Storytelling
- Creating IMPACTful Mentoring Opportunities for BIPOC Students
- Restorative Justice
- Employee Engagement and Retention
- Best Practices for Working with Incarcerated Students
- Disability Justice
- Building a Community of Collective Care
- Making DEI Training Count: Overcoming Common Pitfalls
- Creating Pathways for Native, Latinx and Afrocentric Education from High School through College
- Equity in Student Conduct
For more information about NWREC: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/diversity-and-equity/equity-conference/index.php. Those who need accommodation due to a disability can contact Clark College’s Disability Support Services Office at 360-992-2314, 360-991-0901 video phone.