- This event has passed.
College Goal Washington
October 14 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
One event on October 14, 2020 at 4:00pm
One event on October 19, 2020 at 10:00am
One event on October 29, 2020 at 6:00pm
Prospective and current college students, and their parents/guardians, can get expert help filing for financial aid for college at College Goal Washington, a free event that helps students and families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid. College Goal Washington will be offered four times in October via Zoom. For connection information, visit vancouver.wsu.edu/cgw. Translation assistance will be available for Spanish speakers. Students who are not eligible for the FAFSA can get help filing the WASFA.
Events will be held:
• 2 – 4 p.m. Oct. 6
• 4 – 6 p.m. Oct. 14
• 10 a.m. – noon Oct. 19
• 6 – 8 p.m. Oct. 29
Participants may need to have on hand:
• Security card/number or Alien registration
• Income information: Bank statements; a W-2 or pay stub, if you had a job in 2019; 2019 tax return, if you filed
• A parent, if you are under 24 years of age: All students 24 years of age and older are considered independent from their parents. The FAFSA will help determine if you are considered dependent or independent if younger than 24. Only dependents need to file parent information.
• A parent’s financial information: Bank statements, W-2 or pay stub, 2019 tax return
• A parent’s social security number, if they have one
• Any additional financial information such as child support statements, TANF or welfare information, real estate, stock or bonds investments and family business or farm information