Columbia Springs Remote Repair Program
June 8 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 4:00pm on day Second of the month, repeating until June 8, 2021
An event every month that begins at 4:00pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until June 22, 2021
Columbia Springs has reopened its Repair Goes Remote program. Register household items for repair online and get a notice 1 to 2 days before the next session with drop off information. This program is open to everyone, although at this time the program is unable to accept microwaves, gas engines or bikes. Any item brought in for repair must be easily carried by one person. Here’s how it works:
- Clients drop off items to be repaired from 4 to 6 p.m. on second and fourth Tuesdays of every month
- Click here to see program dates for 2021
- Requires registration for all items-client agrees to liability waiver and safety precautions, including wearing a mask whenever interacting with RCC staff or volunteers (mask must cover nose and mouth-no face screens without a mask and no masks with valves)
- Once registration is completed, clients will receive additional drop off details, including location, parking, etc. via email 12-36 hours before next drop-off time.
- Volunteer fixers pick up items and take home, fix at own pace
- Fixers drop off “completed” items (fixed, not fixable or in-progress) every Monday previous to client pick-up
- Clients pick up items at normal drop-off times. Clients additionally agree that their items will be donated if not picked up within one month of notice that they items are ready for pick-up.
A bar code scanner will be used to track items, clients and fixers. Bar codes will be assigned to items as they arrive and tracked in spreadsheet. Additionally, when a volunteer picks up items, they will be assigned in the spreadsheet to properly track who has which items. Finally, when the items are returned, they will be scanned and the outcome tracked (fixed, not fixable, in progress) and scanned when releasing the items back to the client to track total numbers of items returned and outcomes.