- This event has passed.
Free leaf disposal
An event every week that begins at 1:00am on Thursday, repeating until December 31, 2020
The popular annual Fall Leaf Coupon Program allows local residents to bring leaves to designated drop-off sites for free disposal. Keeping leaves out of streets helps prevent clogged stormwater drains and localized flooding.
From Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, Vancouver and Clark County residents can drop off up to 5 cubic yards of leaves at one of the designated sites shown on the coupon, at no charge. Loads of leaves must be covered, and all bags of leaves must be emptied out at the disposal site. Branches and other yard debris, including loads with a mix of leaves, are not covered by the coupon and will be charged at the regular disposal price. Coupons are required and must be filled out to be eligible for free leaves disposal. Due to restrictions related to COVID-19, coupons are not available for pickup at public facilities this year. Here’s how to get coupons:
– Print out a coupon from the City of Vancouver Solid Waste webpage: www.cityofvancouver.us/leafcoupon.
– Call Vancouver Solid Waste at 360-487-7160 or email email@example.com to have a coupon sent to you by mail. Plan ahead and allow additional time to receive the coupon after making your request. Coupons in Spanish, Russian and Vietnamese also are available.
When dropping off leaves, wear a face covering, maintain physical distance and follow other posted public health guidance.
– H & H Wood Recyclers, 8401 N.E. 117th Ave. 360-892-2805. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday; and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
– McFarlane’s Bark, 8806 N.E. 117th Ave. 360-892-6125. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday; and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in October/November; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday, in December.
– Triangle Resources, 612 S.E. Union St, Camas. 360-834-7253. 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday- Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
– West Van Materials Recovery Center, 6601 N.W. Old Lower River Road. 360-737-1727. 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday; and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Closed Sunday.