Free Online Workshops Promote Composting and Sustainable Living
October 13 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00pm on Wednesday, repeating until November 17, 2021
Clark County’s Master Composter Recycler program is offering a series of free composting webinars on Wednesdays, Oct. 6 through Nov. 17, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. each evening. The seven webinars will highlight personal changes that can help protect the planet.
Here are the webinars offered this fall:
- Curbside Composting: Organics 101: Oct. 6. Residents who live within city limits of Vancouver or Camas will learn what can and cannot go in their green yard debris carts.
- Backyard Composting: Oct. 13. Learn how to construct a compost pile and heat it up.
- Worm Bin Composting: Oct. 20. Learn how to construct and maintain a worm bin that will turn kitchen trimmings into nutrient-rich fertilizer. Participants will be eligible to receive a worm bin (supplies limited).
- Lasagna Garden Composting: Oct. 27. Learn how to grow, build and plant a raised bed garden from free, easily obtainable urban waste. No tilling or turning required.
- Green Cleaning: Nov. 3. Learn how to make three versatile and environmentally friendly household cleaners. Participants will be eligible to receive a green cleaning kit (supplies limited).
- Recycling Done Right: Nov. 10. Become an expert recycler. Learn what items can go in blue recycling carts and what should stay out.
- Prevent Food Waste in the First Place: Nov. 17. Learn tips for preventing and reducing food spoilage and waste.
Registration is required for all webinars at clark.wa.gov/public-health/master-composter-recycler-program. Participants will receive a confirmation email after successful registration. Recordings of previous webinars are also available on the Master Composter Recycler website. For more information about the Master Composter Recycler, see clark.wa.gov/public-health/master-composter-recycler-program, call 564-397-7333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.