- This event has passed.
Leach Botanical Garden new Aerial Tree Walk, other additions now open
May 1 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Saturday, repeating until May 29, 2021
Leach Botanical Garden has completed major improvements which have greatly enhanced the iconic east Portland destination. Portland Parks & Recreation, Prosper Portland, and Metro partnered with Leach Botanical Garden staff and supporters on the garden expansion and enhancements, including:
- An aerial tree walk
- A pollinator and habitat meadow
- A gathering green lawn
- An outdoor gathering arbor with a fire feature on a terrace
- A new central pathway between the Manor House and Upper Garden
- Enhanced woodland plantings
- A new public pathway leading from S..E Claybourne St. down to the S.E. 122nd Ave. bridge
- A new entrance at S..E Claybourne St.
The entire garden has now reopened under a timed ticketing system with reservations available online. Visit LeachGarden.org to learn more. Admission is free but donations are welcome.
The Leach Botanical Garden is spread over 16 tranquil acres and is home to more than 1000 species of plants. A community celebration will be held at a future date, pending public health guidance. Visitors must practice physical distancing, wear face coverings and stay home if they don’t feel well for any reason. Find the latest information on Portland Parks and Recreation COVID-19 related closures and cancellations at portland.gov/parks/covid-19-updates-closures-and-postponements.