- This event has passed.
Powell’s Books Virtual Author Event Series
June 30 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
One event on July 1, 2020 at 6:00pm
One event on July 7, 2020 at 5:00pm
One event on July 8, 2020 at 5:00pm
One event on July 9, 2020 at 5:00pm
One event on July 11, 2020 at 11:00am
Powell’s Books is proud to announce the launch of a virtual author event series. Beginning Tuesday, June 30, Powell’s will resume hosting authors for events and conversations in support of their new books, albeit in the virtual realm. Using Zoom Webinar as our digital event platform, we look forward to resuming our role in connecting authors with their audiences.
The virtual event lineup for the first two weeks of programming includes:
- Tuesday, June 30, 6 p.m.: Gregory Benford & Larry Niven, authors of Glorious
- Wednesday, July 1, 6 p.m.: Eva Holland, author of Nerve: Adventures in the Science of Fear, in conversation with writer Ferris Jabr
- Tuesday, July 7, 5 p.m.: Paige McKenzie & Nancy Ohlin, authors of B*witch, in conversation with author E. Latimer
- Wednesday, July 8, 5 p.m.: Mario Livio, author of Galileo: And the Science Deniers, in conversation with author Adam Frank
- Thursday, July 9, 5 p.m.: Julia Alvarez, author of Afterlife, in conversation with author Samantha Mabry
- Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m.: Kids’ Storytime with Stephanie Campisi, author of Five Sisters
Full details, more information, and event registration links may be found at www.powells.com/featured/powellsbooksvirtualevents.