- This event has passed.
Ridgefield 98642 Victory Garden Contest
July 31 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:00am on Saturday, repeating until July 31, 2021
All residents with the Ridgefield-area ZIP code 98642 are invited to participate in the Victory Garden Contest, May 1 to Aug. 23. Winners will be announced Sept. 1. Gardens can be at a home, community garden or business and must be grown in 2021. Households or businesses with more than one garden may submit entries for each garden. All ages are encouraged to participate.
● Greenest Garden – does your garden use solar power, drought resistant plants, upcycled materials?
● Best Garden That Gives Back – is your garden a haven for yourself and others? Does it feed the community or your family?
● Best Youth Garden- cultivated by ages 18 and under
● Most Improved – for new gardeners or a gardener undertaking a signficant garden improvement project
● People’s Choice – most positive Facebook comments
Winners in each category will receive $20 in MainStreet Bucks for use at Downtown Ridgefield businesses and a $20 gift card for Lava Java.
Submit your contest photo by posting it on the Ridgefield Forward Facebook page, www.facebook.com/RidgefieldForward/. Indicate for which category you would like to be considered and explain why you should win. If you don’t use Facebook, you can still participate by emailing your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of August, the judges, Lava Java owner Phuong Tran, Ridgefield Forward co-founder and Landscape Architect Tracy Ceravolo and Ridgefield Main Street Executive Director Marykay Lamoureaux will visit contest entrants to tour the gardens in a COVID safe manner and then deliberate on the winners. You may opt out of an in-person garden tour and submit photos instead. Date and time for garden tours to be coordinated in August. Photo submission is considered permission to post; however, ownership of all images shall be retained by the photographer. Please note that all photos submitted will be posted on our Facebook site and may be used for contest publicity.